Here are several lists, posters, questionnaires, and worksheets which can be helpful tools in the ethics process at your organization.
- For further explanation of the background and meaning of these summary tools, see the essays section of this web site and the book, It’s About Excellence: Building Ethically-Healthy Organizations by David W. Gill
- Please be sure to give the source credit (David W. Gill, ethixbiz.com) whenever and wherever you use these tools
- Please share your experience using these tools with the author by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twelve Reasons To Run A Business In An Ethical Manner
- One-page poster summarizing the case for ethical business.
- Ten Principles Of Highly Ethical Leaders & Organizations
- One-page poster identifying ten classic ethical guidelines.
- Personal Ethics Inventory
- One-page worksheet to help clarify one’s own basic principles.
- Ethical Case Analysis / Trouble-Shooting Form
- Two-page worksheet for ethical dilemma analysis and decision-making
- Company Ethics Audit
- The basic questions and components: are they all there?
- Organizational Ethics Assessment
- Inviting employees to rate the organization on its ethics
- Mission / Vision Worksheet
- Nine questions to help identify and articulate the core mission & vision
- Mission Performance Audit Example
- An example of how to set up an audit of mission performance
- Company Core Values Worksheet
- One-page worksheet for management identification of core values.
- Ten Traits Of Ethically-Healthy Organizational Cultures
- One-page poster identifying ten classic core values and traits.
- Culture & Values Performance Audit Example
- Example of how to audit core value performance at all four levels of culture
- Company Ethical Guidelines Worksheet
- One-page worksheet for employee work on code of ethics.